Hutong (Ad)Ventures is a podcast on how to succeed in China featuring top venture capital investors, founders and operators with real China experiences. Hutong (Ad)Ventures is part of Haymarket HQ. Hosted by Jemma Xu.
Dr. Gang Lu is the founder and CEO of Technode, one of China’s premier tech media companies and also the official partner of TechCrunch in China, covering the latest news on start-ups, venture capital and industry trends in China and Asia. Gang is a leading commentator on the technology landscape in China and has been a keynote speaker at numerous global conference such as SXSW and Global Mobile Internet Conference. Gang obtained an MSc and Ph.D. in wireless communications from the University of Sheffield, U.K.
Key points covered:
- Gang’s background and how Technode started
- Current business model: why work with corporates? What are the concerns behind setting up a fund?
- To monetise, or not: the differences between China and Western countries.
- What are the important metrics for a media company like Technode? Why does Technode focus on other metrics too
- What difficulties have Technode encountered? In retrospect, what are the different sides to taking investor money?
- Tips for foreign companies entering the Chinese market
Would you like to recommend a speaker or share your feedback with us? We’d love to hear from you! Shoot us an email with your thoughts. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter: Hutong (Ad)Ventures!
Latest posts by Jemma Xu (see all)
- Hutong (Ad)Ventures #10: Xinhua Zhou – SVP Operations @Terminus Technologies, ex-GP @Everbright – Focus New Media Fund - December 11, 2017
- Hutong (Ad)Ventures #9: Guy Sivan – Founder @ Vericant - November 6, 2017
- Hutong (Ad)Ventures #8: Michelle Garnaut – Pioneering restaurateur, founder @ M Restaurant Group - October 12, 2017